Major Research Areas
Upstate boasts basic and clinical researchers with diverse expertise in neuroscience, molecular genetics, genomics, epigenetics, structural biology, infectious disease, and behavior disorders. This allows students the opportunity to perform research in a wide range of research areas and easily collaborate when new expertise is needed.
Michael W Roe, PhD
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Medicine: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biomedical Sciences Program
Education & Fellowships
- PhD: University of Vermont
- Post Graduate Training: Duke University
- The Roe laboratory studies signal transduction mechanisms that regulate pancreatic beta cell biology and the pathophysiology of diabetes.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)