Major Research Areas
Upstate boasts basic and clinical researchers with diverse expertise in neuroscience, molecular genetics, genomics, epigenetics, structural biology, infectious disease, and behavior disorders. This allows students the opportunity to perform research in a wide range of research areas and easily collaborate when new expertise is needed.
William G Kerr, PhD
- Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Professor of Pediatrics
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Microbiology and Immunology
Education & Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Stanford University, 1993, Genetics
- PhD: University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1987, Molecular & Cellular Biology
- BS: Lehigh University, 1982, Chemistry/Molecular Biophysics
Transplant immunology and stem cell biology.
- Analysis of SHIP1 deficiency in a pediatric IBD cohort