Planning for your child's Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital stay and knowing what to expect will help you and your child feel more comfortable.
The following information will help you and your family in preparing for the procedure.
What to Bring and What to Arrange
- Insurance information/cards and co-payments
- List of your child's current medications and immunization record
- Loose fitting comfortable clothes for your child including pajamas and slippers
- Favorite toy or blanket
- One small suitcase. Space is limited, so pack lightly
- A parent or guardian must be with a child during a procedure
- Limit visitors to one or two people the day of admission
What to Leave At Home
- Large sums of money and credit cards
- Jewelry and other valuables. For safety, you will need to remove your child's jewelry before surgery
- Make child care arrangements for small children to stay at home
Accommodations for Out-of-Town Guests
You may want to arrange to stay the night before your child's surgery or procedure in a local lodging, if you live more than 50 miles from Upstate. Many area lodging facilities provide special rates for patients and their families. However, it is necessary to ask for these rates.
If you wish to take advantage of these special rates, arrangements may be made through our:
- Social Work Services>
Driving & Parking Directions
Driving & Parking for Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital and other care locations.