Safety Tips for Parents and Guardians
- Know where each of your children is at all times
- Know your children's friends and be clear with your children about places and homes they may visit
- Teach your children that they have the right to say "No" to any uncomfortable or confusing touch or action by others
- Screen baby sitters and caregivers
- Be involved in your children's activities
- Active participation will give you a better opportunity to observe how the adults in charge interact with your children
Statistics and information are from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, University Hospital’s CARE Program, Prevent Child Abuse America, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.