Home Drowning Prevention Tips
- Always stay within an arm's reach of your child when he or she is in or near the bathtub, toilet, pools, spas or buckets. Never leave your child alone or in the care of older children during bath time.
- Once bath time is over, immediately drain the tub.
- Empty all buckets, containers and wading pools immediately after use. Store them upside-down and out of children's reach.
- Keep toilet lids closed and use toilet seat locks.
- Never leave your child unattended in a tub or around any other body of water, even if he or she knows how to swim.
- Keep doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms closed.
- Children in baby bath seats and rings must be watched every second.