Child Life Student Internship
Certified Child Life Specialist
Student Pacement Coordinator
Phone: 315 464-7506
Thank you for your interest in our internship training program. Twice a year, for 15 weeks, our Child Life Program offers comprehensive internship training to qualified students currently enrolled in an academic program in Child Life. These are full time training positions with sessions beginning in January and September.
To be an eligible candidate, you must possess:
- Core curriculum classes in child life or related field verified by Child Life Council.
- A minimum of a 100 hour Practicum experience with children in an established Child Life program under a Certified Child Life Specialist.
- Student or work experience with children in group settings.
- Knowledge of psychosocial issues related to illness and hospitalization.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an academic program. We do not accept independent students.
|Internship Session||Application Deadline||Initial Offer Date||Acceptance Date||Second Offer Date|
|Winter/Spring||September 5||2nd Tuesday of October||Following Wednesday||Following Thursday|
|Fall||March 15||1st Tuesday in May||Following Wednesday||Following Thursday|
Please submit the application, a minimum of 3 professional references and a copy of transcripts along with your resume and cover letter.
Applications should be sent to:
Child Life Program
750 E. Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Applicants will be interviewed in person. No phone interviews will occur. Application is not a guarantee of acceptance. Due to the expectation that we provide students with quality supervision and education during placement, a limited number of students are accepted per semester.