Child Life Student Internship
Certified Child Life Specialist
Student Internship Coordinator
Phone: 315 464-7506
Thank you for your interest in our internship training program. Three times a year, for 15 weeks, our Child Life Program offers comprehensive internship training to qualified students currently enrolled in an academic program in Child Life or a related field. These are full time training positions with sessions beginning in January, May, and September.
To be an eligible candidate, you must possess:
- Core curriculum classes in child life or related field
- Student or work experience with children in group settings
- Experience working with children in an established child life program in a health care setting (minimum of 100 hour Child Life Practicum)
- Non-traditional Child Life students must have coursework verified by Child Life Council
- Knowledge of psychosocial issues related to illness and hospitalization
|Internship Session||Application Deadline||Initial Offer Date||Acceptance Date|
|Winter/Spring||September 5||2nd Tuesday of October||2nd Wednesday of October|
|Summer||January 5||2nd Tuesday of February||2nd Wednesday of February|
|Fall||May 5||2nd Tuesday of June||2nd Wednesday of June|
Please submit the application, a minimum of 3 professional references and a copy of transcripts along with your resume and cover letter.
Applications should be sent to:
Child Life Program
750 E. Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Applicants will be interviewed in person. No phone interviews will occur. Application is not a guarantee of acceptance. Due to the expectation that we provide students with quality supervision and education during placement, a limited number of students are accepted per semester.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Child Life Program at 315 464-7506