Coordination for Special Events and Entertainment
Phone: 315 464-9330
Fax: 315 464-1973
Address: Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Entertainment: Guidelines & Application
The Child Life Program is dedicated to supporting a positive healthcare experience for the children and families it serves. It is through ongoing programs such as yours that we are able to provide positive experiences that promote the children's ability to cope with their healthcare experience and make their hospital stay more enjoyable.
Your offer to support this goal is greatly appreciated. Please read the guidelines found on the application carefully before submitting an application. All applications will be reviewed for appropriateness of activity, size and ages of the visiting group and scheduling availability. Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance or scheduling of a visit, however we will do everything possible to accommodate your request.
Consideration will be given to those events that are:
- Highly entertaining and educational
- Unique (we can only accommodate so many similar acts)
- Developmentally appropriate for our patients (primarily preschoolers through young teenagers)
- Physically and emotionally safe (non-threatening, non-violent, etc.)
- Appropriate for the conditions of our patients (i.e., small groups, not too loud)
- Religiously and politically neutral
- Culturally diverse
Application for Providing Entertainment
If you are interested in providing entertainment for the patients at Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital, please download our application for entertainment and read the guildelines carefully before submitting an application. Completed applications can be mailed or faxed to the address listed at the bottom of the application.