A Word from Our Chief Residents
Our 2014-2015 Chief and Assistant Chief Residents
- Assist with the training of 3rd year clerkship students and pediatric residents
- Supervise the pediatric teams on the inpatient units
- Serve as attending at the outpatient clinic
- Chief rounds with inpatient teams
- Supervise morning report
- Prepare board review sessions directed at preparation for in-training and certification examinations
- Presenting weekly case conferences
- Organizing evidence-based medicine journal club
- Planning and arranging resident schedules
- Developing and scheduling of lecture/seminar series
- Assisting the Program Director, Associate Director and Program Coordinator with recruitment, advisor/mentor activities
In addition to responsibilities related to the pediatric residency program, the chief year affords one time to spend pursuing other interests, including research or clinical experience focused in a certain area. The chief year expands your experiences and skills in leadership, teaching, and mentoring as you move towards the next phase in your career.
Overall, being chief is a great experience and, if one is up for the challenge, a very rewarding one as well!