Teaching Conferences—March 2015
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2014-2015 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- No Conferences Scheduled
- 4:00-5:30 PM —2015 MS-III Peds Info Meeting (GCH Room 11405)
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Lindsay Tamborelle
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Elizabeth M. Alderman, MD, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Director, Pediatric Residency Program and Adolescent Medicine Fellowship, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Pediatric Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Title TBA
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Khalia Grant
- 9:00 — Seizures: High-yield facts and common syndromes —Dr. Al Shareef
- 10:00—Guillain-Barre Syndrome and acquired peripheral neuropathy—Dr. Al Shareef
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Jeremy Steele
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Melanie A. Gold, DO, DABMA, FAAP, Medical Director, School Based Health Centers, Columbia University Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Title: "Using Motivational Interviewing (MI) to Facilitate Adolescent Reproductive Health"
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Morse and Donahue
- 9:00 —Respiratory Distress —Dr. Barnett
- 10:00—Surgical Emergencies —Dr. Barnett
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Vanessa Orrego
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Meyer Kattan, MD, Director, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. Title: TBA
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —SIDS/Safe Sleep —Dr.Hingre
- 10:00—Preemie Jeopardy —Dr. Roy
- 11:00—Teaching Skills —Dr. Botash
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Joshua McBride
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker— Gail Burstein, MD, MPH, Commissioner of Health, Erie County Health Department. Title: "Long Acting Reversible Contraception: First Line Care for Adolescents"
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Salilba and Awa
- 9:00 —Fluids/Electrolytes/Nutrition—Dr. Nelson
- 10:00—X-Ray Reviews —Dr. Bou Aram
- 11:00—PL3 Chair Rounds —Dr. Welch (12405A)
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.