Teaching Conferences—October, 2015
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2015-2016 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- Education Metric Entry
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Helena Gutierrez
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker —David Hootnick, MD, Orthopedic Surgery, CNY Spine and Pain Medicine, LLC. Title: "Faulty Embryonic Arterial Transitions in Human Limb Dysmorphology"
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk — Dr. Kisha Beg
- 9:00 —HSV —Dr. Suryadevara
- 10:00—Congenital Infections —Dr. Weiner
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Ishita Kharode
- 8:15—Hans Hartenstein, MD, Lecturer—Nancy J. Roizen, MD, Director, Division of Developmental/Behavior Pediatrics and Psychology, Professor of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. Title: "Update: Down Syndrome"
- 8:00 —Clulb Med — Drs. Naimi and Smith
- 9:00 —Health Literacy and Adolescents —Jennifer Manganello PhD School of Public Health, University at Albany
- 10:00—Modern Medicine: Can we Achieve the 'Triple Aim" —Susmita Pati, MD Department of Pediatrics Stony Brook University
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Marie Jose Moubarak
- 8:15—Oski Visiting Professor—Murray Passo,MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, College of Medicine. Title: "Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis - Diagnosis, Contemporary Treatments, Outcomes, and More"
- 8:00 —Potpourri of interesting rheumatology cases —Murray Passo,MD
- 9:00 —Single Symptom/Single System complaints referred to Rheumatology - Differential Diagnosis and Evaluation—Murray Passo,MD
- 10:00—Meningitis — Dr. El Chebib
- 11:00—QI with Dr. Passo —Murray Passo,MD
- 8:00—Pickett Lecture (Pediatric Surgery)— Erik D. Skarsgard, MD, Co-Director of Centre for Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, UBC, Surgeon in Chief BC Children’s Hospital. Title: TBA
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Immunodeficiency—Dr. Domachowske
- 10:00—HIV—Dr. Domachowske and Wendy Holz
- 11:00—PL3 Chair Rounds (Room 11405A) — Dr. Welch
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Child Psych Lecture
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Ryan Kwong
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk — Dr. Avideh Rashed
- 9:00 —Peds Ortho —Dr. Katz
- 10:00—Periodic Fever — Dr. Shaw
- 11:00—Adolescent Board Questions—Dr. Teelin
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.