Teaching Conferences—January, 2017
- NOTE: All resident lectures are in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2016-2017 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
12/20-1/2/17—Resident New Years Holiday Break
- 12:15—Noon report (No interviews until Friday)
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Khalia Grant
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday: The Multi-Sensory Room - ClareArezina
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Ripal Patel
- 9:00 —Hypoglycemia—Dr. Izquierdo
- 10:00—Pubertal Disorders —Dr. Stred
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- Noon—Applicant lunch and Noon report with residents
- Noon —Applicant lunch and Noon report with residents
- END OF INTERVIEWS
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Yorgo Zahlani
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds Speaker—Susan Stred, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes, SUNY Upstate Medical University and Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. Title: "Health Literacy: Helping Patients Understand"
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday: Integrative Med - Dr. Deluca (Rm 12405A)
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Bowler and Naimi
- 9:00 —Pituitary —Dr. Khokhar
- 10:00—Peds Endo —Dr. Mojica
- 11:00—Sedation Task Force —Terri Davis
- 12:15—Noon report (Every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
- Dr. Martin Luther King Holiday — No Conferences
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Danyal Thaver
- 12:15 —Wellness Wednesday - Melissa Jones
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Hematuria and Glomerulonephritis—Dr. Welch
- 10:00—Acute Kidney Injury —Dr. Huang
- 11:00—QI Meeting—Dr. Schafer
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Emy Abraham
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Manika Suryadevara, MD, Assist Prof, Div of Peds Infectious Diseases and Inpatient Medicine, Dept of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University and Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital. Title: "What's New in Vaccine Development and Research"
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday: Food and Feelings - Anne Reagan
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Sara Batool
- 9:00 —Proteinuria and Nephrotic syndrome—Dr. Schurman
- 10:00—Congenital and inherited Renal disease—Dr. Welch
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
- 11:00—PL3 Chair Rounds - Dr. Welch
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, email@example.com.