Teaching Conferences—May 2015
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2014-2015 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- No Grand Rounds (PAS Meetings–San Diego)
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Megan Pinnamaneni
- 9:00 —Brain Tumors/Board Review —Dr. Kennedy
- 10:00—Survivorship —Dr. Sima
- 11:00—Lead Poisoning (PL1/PL2) Dr. Hobart and Debra Lewis (Health Dept)
- 11:00-1:00—PL3 NALS Recertification —Dr. Bode (11405)
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Angela Pericozzi
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—John R. Lutzer, Ph.D., Distinguished University Professor, Director, Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University. Ttitle: "Child Neglect: Tackling the Biggest Problem in Child Maltreatment Prevention"
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Smith and Khoriaty
- 9:00 —Heme/Onc Overview —Dr. Dvorak
- 10:00—Oncologic Emergencies —Dr. Kerr
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Lindsay Tamborelle
- Intern ATLS - Drs. Abraham, Grant, Marsh, Naimi, Pinnamaneni, Thaver and White
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Board Review—Dr. Cherrick
- 10:00—Anemia—Dr. Brown
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- Intern ATLS. con't— Drs. Abraham, Grant, Marsh, Naimi, Pinnamaneni, Thaver and White
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Caitlin Stiglmeier
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker— Kenneth Roberts, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine. Title: "Visual Diagnosis: Clinical Signs and Why They Matter"
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Whitford and Stiglmeier
- 9:00 —Child Abuse —Dr. Botash
- 10:00—Child Abuse —Dr. Botash
- 11:00—PL3 Orchids and Onions —Dr. Kennedy (11405A)
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
- 8:00-5:00—PL3 Retreat
- Memorial Day —No Conferences
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation — Angela Pericozzi, M.D.
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Melissa Jones
- 9:00 —Child Abuse —Dr. Pekarsky
- 10:00—Child Abuse —Dr. Pekarsky
- 11:00—Financial Planning for residents —Steve Yelle, Northwestern Mutual
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, email@example.com.