Teaching Conferences—September, 2016
- NOTE: All resident lectures are in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2016-2017 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- 7:45 —Intern Summer Advocacy Series: Advocacy Bus Tour (Meet outside treehouse netrance) —Drs. Hobart, Nelsen, Blatt, and Nicky Jennings
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday (Rm 12405A) - Coping Skills - Melissa Jones
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Luyt and Abraham
- 9:00 —Dev Problems in Young Children—Dr. Pellegrino
- 10:00—Dev Problems in School Age Children—Dr. Pellegrino
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 12:15—Noon Report (Every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday) —The Chiefs
- Labor Day—No Conferences Scheduled
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Katie Lewinter (Kinney Center)
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds Speaker —Thomas Welch, M.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital. Title: "Thirty Years of Living with BS"
- Noon —Wellness Wednesday (every Wednesday in Room 12405A unless otherwise noted)
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Sasidhar Goteti
- 9:00-11:00 —Leadership and Communication Workshope for Residents —Dr. Nead et al
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Drs. Nead and Campbell: Family Engagement
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Beth Krieger
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday (Rm 12405A) - Integrative Medicine - Dr. DeLuca
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Genetic Syndromes/Dysmorphology —Dr. Lebel
- 10:00—Newborn Screening —Dr. Joan Pellegrino
- 11:00—Teaching Skills for Housestaff —Dr. Botash
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Khalia Grant
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds Speaker: The 2016 Silverman Lecturer —William Cooper, MD, MPH, Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy, Vanderbilt University. Title:
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday (Rm 12405A)
- 8:00-Noon —Peds Psych Teaching Day (All Residents - Kinney Center)
- 6:00—2016 Intern Retreat begins (Vanderkamp - Cleveland, NY)
- 8:00-4:00—2016 Intern Retreat (Vanderkamp - Cleveland, NY)
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Megan Pinnamaneni
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds Speaker —Jamie Hoffman-Rosenfeld, MD, Associate Professor, Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine, Head of Section, Child Advocacy and Protection of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Head of Section of Pediatrics, Pediatric General Pediatrics, North Shore University Hospital. Title: "Orthopedic Aspects of Child Maltreatment"
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday (Rm 12405A) - Music and/or Art (Child Life)
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Kim Wells
- 9:00—Autism Spectrum Disorders —Nicole Derosa
- 10:00—Mental Health Issues in Children with DD — Dr. Hargrave
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, email@example.com.