Teaching Conferences—February 2015
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2014-2015 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- No Conferences Scheduled
- No Conferences Scheduled
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Conference —Dr. Jeremy Steele
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Beth Krieger
- 9:00 — Toxicology Board Review —Dr. Cantor
- 10:00—Pediatric Abdominal Emergencies —Dr. Nacca
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 11:30—PL1 Career Path Meeting—Dr. Kennedy
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Steve Hicks
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Nienke P. Dosa MD, MPH, Upstate Foundation Professor of Child Health Policy, Senior Fellow, Burton Blatt Institute, Center for Development Behavior and Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Title: "Health Care Decision Options for Patients with Developmental Disabilities"
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Maan and O'Malley
- 9:00 — Peds Cardio 1 —Dr. TBA
- 10:00—Peds Cardio 2—Dr. TBA
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Conference —Dr. Erin Donahue
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Peds Cardio 3—Dr.TBA
- 10:00—Peds Cardio 4 —Dr. TBA
- 11:00—Teaching Skills —Dr. Botash
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Emad Awa
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker— Stuart Trust, DO, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine, Community Pediatrician, Fulton, NY. Title: "The State of Asthma in General Pediatrics"
- 8:00 —Peds Derm —Dr. Farrah
- 9:00 —Peds Cardio 5—Dr.TBA
- 10:00—Peds Cardio 6—Dr.TBA
- 11:00—PL3 Board Review —Dr. Nelsen (11405A)
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
- 7:00-11:00 PM —Annual Pediatric Resident/Faculty Midwinter Party
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.