Welcome to the Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital
The Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital is the signature piece of the East Tower vertical expansion at University Hospital. Housed on the top two floors of the expansion, the new children's hospital provides over 87,000 square feet of space devoted to patient and family friendly amenities.
The dedicated "Tree House" entrance welcomes patients and visitors with an atmosphere made just for kids. The new facility operates as a hospital-within-a-hospital and enhances the pediatric education and research missions that are integral to University Hospital, as well as continues to serve as a vocal advocate for regional children's health issues.
The Golisano Children's Hospital is dedicated to meeting the needs of children and their families and is committed to providing the best possible care for all we serve.
We truly believe that 'Children are not just small adults'!
Golisano Children's Hospital offers a full spectrum of primary and specialized medical care for pediatric patients. Our dedicated pediatric staff care for patients, in an inpatient setting, that consists of General Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgical Unit, hematology/oncology, the only pediatric intensive care unit in a 17-county referral area, and the only dedicated pediatric Emergency Department between Rochester and Vermont.
As the region's only Level I trauma and burn center, Upstate offers a complete range of health care services for children from birth to 19 years of age.
In addition to the inpatient areas, Upstate provides numerous pediatric outpatient and specialty services including:
- The Dr. William J. Waters Center for Children 's Cancer and Blood Disorders
- The Olivia Louise Pietrafesa Center for Children's Surgery
- Center for Development, Behavior and Genetics
- Central/Eastern New York Lead Poisoning Resource Center
- Child Abuse Referral and Evaluation Clinic Program (CARE)
- Joslin Center Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Margaret L. Williams Developmental Evaluation Center
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Pediatric Designated AIDS Center
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Psychiatry Clinic, Child and Adolescent
- Upstate New York Poison Center
The Academic Difference
As part of Upstate Medical University, Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for routine, complex and severe pediatric disorders in a 17-county region of Upstate New York. As an academic medical center, we educate more than 1,200 students in our four colleges...
...as well as over 450 graduate physicians in our residency and fellowship training programs. And the faculty in both the basic and the clinical sciences of all our colleges participate in over 400 funded research projects.