SUNY University Faculty Senate
The system-wide University Faculty Senate, representing the State-operated and statutory colleges, is the official agency through which SUNY faculty engage in governance of the University. The Senate, composed of elected faculty from each of the colleges, promotes educational policies within the University and serves as an advisory body to the Chancellor.
Upstate Medical University is represented by 4 Senators and 4 Alternate Senators. The Faculty Senators serve as a liaison between our local campus and the University Faculty Senate.
Susan Wojcik, PhD, ATC
JC Trussell, MD
Jay Brenner, MD
Alternate Faculty Senator
- SUNY Faculty Senate Meeting--October 21-23, 2009
- The Public Higher Education Empowerment and Innovation Act (PHEEIA) Debate, April 26, 2010
- Resolution regarding Electronic Meetings of the University Faculty Senate
- Resolution of the University Faculty Senate on the Public Higher Education Empowerment and Innovation Act
- Resolution on Presidential Searches, Guidelines for Conducting
- Statement from Chancelor Nancy L. Zimpher on Future of the Empowerment Act on August 4, 2010
- Faculty Senate news of August 12, 2010
- Budget Update August 13, 2010
- University Faculty Senate Chancellor Zimpher on October 22, 2010
- University Faculty Senate 156th Plenary on October 22, 2010
- Summary of Senate Winter Plenary (January 24-25, 2011, Binghamton, NY)
- Final Resolution on Governor Cuomos 2011-2012 Budget - March 2011
- Final Report from SUNY Faculty Senate Plenary, April 14-16, 2011 at SUNY Fredonia
- Resolution on Governor's May 2011 SUNY "Summit"
- Resolution on Appropriate Use of System-Wide Data
- Resolution on Grade Change Authority
- Resolution in Support of a Five Year Tuition Plan for SUNY