Composition of the Standing Committees
- Standing committees shall be comprised of no more than 7 faculty members from at least 3 colleges and the Library, of which 4 members are elected by the Upstate Faculty. The Upstate Faculty Council with consultation from Administrative Officers appoints the remaining members. The candidates with the most votes (plurality) who ALSO represent 3 different colleges and the library will be elected.
- In addition to the above-mentioned members the student governing body shall be invited to appoint one undergraduate and one graduate student to serve on the Academic and University Affairs committees.
- Terms of committee members shall be staggered 3-year terms.
Proviso: for the first election under these bylaws, terms shall be two years and three years as established by the plurality vote.
The Academic Affairs committee shall be responsible to address issues such
as but not limited to:
1) Interprofessional Education: educational opportunities with
potential for multi-college involvement.
2) Accreditation issues and experiences.
3) Commencement and Faculty Convocation.
4) Infrastructure and planning as it relates to the academic mission
5) Upstate Faculty research issues.
6) Academic calendars of Upstate.
7) Supportive services. (i.e. library, informational technology, etc)
8) Addressing other issues as assigned by the Upstate Faculty
Term College Academic Affairs
Lynn Cleary, MD - Adm Liaison
3 Year CHP Gary Brooks, PT DrPH 3 Year COM Kaushal Nanavati, MD, FAAFP, ABIHM 3 Year COM Susan M. Wojcik, PhD, ATC 3 Year Lib Cristina A. Pope, MS, MSM, AHIP 2 Year CGS Stephen J. Glatt, PhD (Chair) 2 Year CON Debora Kirsch, MS, RN, CNS 2 Year CON Jana Sobczak, PhD
The Upstate Affairs committee shall be responsible to address issues such as
but not limited to:
1) Participating in budget process through President’s Budget
Forums or other appropriate mechanisms.
2) Participating in the development and implementation of the
strategic plan process.
3) Participating and providing suggestions regarding University-wide
initiatives affecting student and faculty life such as diversity and
environmental programs and regional community involvement.
4) Discussing and providing suggestions regarding University
Faculty and Student Judicial policy and professionalism standards.
5) Address other issues as assigned by the Upstate Faculty Council.
Term College Upstate Affairs
Renae Rokicki - Adm Liaison
3 Year CHP Joan O'Brien MSEd, RT(T) (Chair) 3 Year COM JC Trussell, MD 3 Year COM Derek R. Cooney, M.D., FF/NREMT-P, FACEP 2 Year COM Richard M. O’Neill, PhD, ABPP 2 Year CON Barbara A. Black RN, ANP, CNS, MS, MA 3 Year Lib Wendi Ackerman
The Faculty Affairs committee shall be responsible to address issues such as
but not limited to:
1) Reporting on Faculty demographics.
2) Faculty development programs and activities.
3) Evaluation of Faculty teaching effectiveness.
4) Faculty awards.
5) Multi-college administrators’ search process.
6) Participate in multi-college Administrative Officers’ and President
performance review process.
7) Addressing other issues as assigned by the Upstate Faculty
Term College Faculty Affairs
Paula Trief, PhD - Adm Liaison
3 Year COM William Grant, EdD (Chair) 3 Year CHP Susan S. Graham, M.S., MT(ASCP)SH 2 Year CHP Susan D. Miller, PT, DPT, MS 3 Year CHP James L. Vossler, MS, MLS(ASCP)SM 2 Year CON Carol Anne Kozik, CAS, MS, RN-BC 2 Year COM Jadwiga Bednarczyk, MD 3 Year COM Marvin Heyboer III, MD
The Council Operations committee shall be responsible to address issues
such as but not limited to:
1) Conducting nomination and election process for
i. SUNY University Faculty Senators
ii. Upstate Faculty Council Officers
iii. Elected Standing Committee members
2) Periodic review of the Faculty Governance and SUNY Board of
Trustees Bylaws including pertinent Upstate and SUNY policies to
3) Oversight of Upstate Faculty Council and committee performance.
4) Oversight and updating of Faculty Governance webpage
5) Addressing other issues as assigned by the Upstate Faculty
Term College Council Operations
Paul Grover, PhD - Adm Liaison
3 Year CGS Steven L. Youngentob, PhD (Chair) 2 Year CON Maria Wheelock, MSN, NP 3 Year CHP Janet Coy, PT, DPT, MA 2 Year CHP Dale Avers, PhD