Life and Wellness Team
Progress to Date: Progress
The Life and Wellness Team is focusing on the following areas:
- Life and wellness awareness
- Food and Nutrition
- Technology/computer workstations
- Back-up Care
The Life and Wellness Team is charged with creating recommendations to:
- Identify ways to enhance the wellness of resident and fellow work and personal lives.
- Incorporate the philosophy and practice of resident and fellow wellness into institutional culture.
Your team is encouraged to conduct research to form or support your recommendations, for example: review of best practices in other graduate medical education programs; conduct interviews and/or survey, etc.
The Team will include considerations from/for:
- Needs for Mental Health/Counseling support
- On-Boarding and Recruitment processes
- Moving on—Life after residency
- Integrated Institutional 'Life and Wellness' program—assessment, support, monitoring, and improvement
- Nutritional resources and support during Resident/Fellow experience—access, financial support, and processes
- Family-centered wellness supports for geographic acclimation and sustainability—to include, but not limited to, housing, childcare, cultural, relationship, and 'Medical Marriage' issues
- Space—allocation, utilization, and equipment
- Fitness Facility—availability, access, and cost
- Interdepartmental social spaces, activities, and opportunities
- After Residency program connections—database, mentoring, and networking
- Examples from existing UH department residency/fellowship programs that integrate life/wellness activities into their programs
- Alignment with GME program requirements
- Information available from other internal sources (UH Administration, IMT, related committees, etc.)
Data sources for team consideration:
- Outcomes from Focus Group sessions conducted with Program Directors and Coordinators and the RAC
- ACGME Common Program Requirements effective July 1, 2011
- ACGME Resident Survey Data 2009&n—dash;2010 for Upstate Medical University
- Annual Review of the Upstate Medical University Residency Experience Survey Results
These documents are available on Blackboard.