Enhancing Education Team
The Enhancing Education Team is charged with creating recommendations to:
- Identify common barriers to resident and fellow education at Upstate Medical University
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to ameliorate or remove identified barriers
- Identify and encourage innovative methods for housestaff education
Your team is encouraged to conduct research to form or support your recommendations, for example: review of best practices in other graduate medical education programs; conduct interviews and/or survey, etc.
The Team will include consider:
- Current institutional educational efforts—how can we do it better?
- Researching methods to optimize the balance between education and patient care for housestaff
- Developing a simulation laboratory (could contact Mary Grace VanNortwick's re: established committee)
- Increasing institutional support for maximizing test-taking competency and test preparation.
- Innovative methodologies for delivery of educational content
- Developing faculty knowledge and skills to deliver educational content
- Identifying ways to assist the GME office in delivering educational material common to all programs.
- Increasing scholarly activity across disciplines/enhance resident & fellow scholarship
Data sources for team consideration:
- Outcomes from Focus Group sessions conducted with Program Directors and Coordinators and the RAC
- ACGME Common Program Requirements effective July 1, 2011
- ACGME Resident Survey Data 2009—2010 for Upstate Medical University
- Annual Review of the Upstate Medical University Residency Experience Survey Results
- Examples from existing UH department residency/fellowship educational programs
- Alignment with GME program requirements
- Information available from other internal sources (UH Administration, IMT, related committees, etc.)
These documents are available on Blackboard.