Unique Educational Experiences
At Upstate, our residents and fellows have taken advantage of unique educational opportunities, including:
- Vehicle Extrication Training
- Physician staffing at mass gathering events, such as:
- The New York State Fair
- The Syracuse Iron Man Races
- Events at the Syracuse Carrier Dome, including Syracuse University football and basketball games, the Harlem Globetrotters performance and musical concerts
- Yearly Emergency Medicine conferences such as:
- The New York State American College of Emergency Physician (ACEP) Conference
- The National ACEP Conference
- Presenting at the annual Upstate Emergency Medicine conferences
- Contemporary Issues in Emergency Medicine
- High technology simulation training at our EM-STAT Center.
Training and instructor certification in:
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Training (ATLS)
- Toxicology at the New York State Poison Control Center
From a Grateful Patient...
"I am one of the survivors of the Megabus crash of 9/11/10, and I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful, speed and above all, kind service you provided. ... I have never before experienced the strength and kindness of doctors, nurses, and paramedics operating in a horrific situation. ...To the doctor who stitched up my eyelid, [Chief Resident] Dr. Landon Jones, it is healing beautifully, and... I've been told it likely won't even leave a scar. Thank you!"