Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
Kevin Gaskin, MD
Welcome to the SUNY Upstate Medical University Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship.
Our goal is to provide you with the skills to become an excellent sonographer and the experience to incorporate ultrasound into Emergency Medicine practice.
Thanks for your interest and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!
- Fellowship Length: 1 year
- Number of Positions: 1 new fellow per year; no more than 2 at a time
- Salary: $75,000
- Additional funds: Funding for online learning resources and travel to annual AIUM meeting
- Number of Clinical Hours: 8 clinical shifts a month (72 hours)
- Other Duties: 5 scanning shifts a month, weekly QA session, monthly ultrasound lecture to residents and faculty, original research project
The SUNY Upstate Medical University Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship is a one-year program to train future leaders in Emergency Ultrasound.
The Upstate Emergency Department is a Level 1 Trauma Center that sees 70,394 patients annually. Highlights of our Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship include:
- Top-of-the-line Zonare One Pro ultrasound systems
- Web-based imaging archival system (Q-path)
- Wireless image transfer
- PACS archiving
- Ultrasound experience in our level 1 Trauma and Academic Emergency department, Pediatric Emergency department and Community Emergency department
- Web-based ultrasound curriculum funded by Department to supplement bedside learning/weekly QA sessions
For further information please send a letter of interest and a current CV by email to email@example.com or by US postal service to:Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
Department of Emergency Medicine c/o Kara Welch
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210