Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS): Provider
Jennifer Campoli, DO
Contact: Rose More or Cindie Sidari
Phone: 315 464-4851
- "This class definitely gave me more confidence for dealing with such situations. Instructors also guided us toward the more appropriate ways to approach relatives about the patients' conditions. They gave us useful information that they have gathered from years of experience in their respective fields. An excellent course!!"
- "Excellent course, very practical. Lots of useful info taught in two days...Learned a lot, will feel much more comfortable taking care of patients as a new intern."
- "Excellent learning atmosphere & attitude of teachers. Friendly & positive environment overall."
Registration forms and payment must be received no later than 14 days prior to the selected class date. Registration fee must be sent with the registration form to confirm attendance. All registrations are accepted and confirmed on a first come/first pay basis. Early registration is recommended although not guaranteed, as classes are limited in attendance. In the event that a class will accept registrations less than 14 days prior to the class date, registrations will only be accepted with a credit card payment.
|PR, RT, Paramedic, A-EMT-CC, PHARM||$175.00*|
|Upstate Medical University Student||$100.00|
|Student of Another Institution||$160.00|
In order to process refunds for course withdrawals, cancellations must be received in writing to the EM-STAT Center or via e-mail at email@example.com postmarked no later than 14 days prior to the selected class date. A refund will be issued minus a $25.00 administrative fee for all cancellations made more than 14 days prior to class date; no refunds will be issued thereafter.
A $25.00 administrative fee will be charged to any participant who has registered for a class but then requests to move to a different class. A person will not be allowed to start the class until this fee is paid.
SUNY Upstate Medical University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course at any time due to any unforeseen circumstances or limited attendance. A minimum of 12 confirmed registrants are required to hold a class. In the event of cancellation or postponement, SUNY Upstate Medical University will refund the registration fee associated with the class, but is not responsible for any related costs or expenses to participants, including cancellation fees assessed by hotels, airlines, and travel agencies.
This two-day course is designed for professionals who are completing the course for the first time - emergency medical providers including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, paramedics, emergency technicians, respiratory therapists and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency.
The course is organized utilizing a case-based approach as recommended by the American Heart Association. Cognitive and psychomotor skills are evaluated. This course presents all core material from the Textbook of Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
At the conclusions of these courses, each participant should be able to:
- Identify and treat patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Recognize life threatening situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Recognize and initiate early management of conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate the resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including providing effective chest compressions and integrating AED use
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care
When registering for a ACLS Provider or Refresher Class, you will be required to purchase the American Heart Association ACLS Provider Manual. Books are not included in your course registration fee. Books are available at the Upstate book store (315 464-5560), located in the Campus Activities Building.
- ACLS Provider Manual
- Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers (strongly recommended)
Use of American Heart Association materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.