President's Advisory Council on Women's Issues (PACWI)
The Upstate Medical University Presidents Advisory Council on Women's Issues (PACWI) is committed to advising the President about the status, challenges and opportunities for women across the University...and making a difference! The Council is comprised of students, residents, faculty, and staff, who are interested in addressing issues of equity and opportunity for women at Upstate.
Phone: 315 464-5234
PACWI advocates for policies and procedures that:
- Identify and advocate for resources to advance the goal of the advancement of women at Upstate.
- Develop activities and events in support of the career satisfaction of Upstate women.
- Identify the unique challenges faced by women employees and develop creative initiatives to address these challenges.
- Foster a sense of community and a nurturing work climate.
PACWI Initiatives and Workshops
- Survey of all employees to assess the work environment for women employees and identify key concerns
- "Grow Where You Are Planted" – an interactive workshop to highlight several women who successfully advanced to exciting new career challenges and roles
- "Strategies for Successful Time Management"
- The Upstate Advancement Fair – Men and women from all departments are invited to meet with representatives from local colleges, training programs and unions to help them chart a course for educational advancement