SUNY Upstate Child Care Center
SUNY Upstate's Child Care Center has Expanded.
In September, we moved to a new facility, less than one mile from campus. SUNY Upstate's Child Care center is one of the first programs in the nation to achieve the accreditation under the new quality standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Opened in 1970, Upstate Child Care is one of the longest established employer— sponsored child care centers in the country and is dedicated to serving staff and students.
The Center offers care on weekdays from 6:30 am to 6 pm.
We have immediate openings for 3, 4 and 5 year olds.
Call 315 464-4438 for more information.
Our Parents Say...
"The atmosphere is wonderful. Everyone on staff knows my daughter by name. Lots of 'hellos' when she arrives, and that's even before she gets to the classroom."
"My daughter loves going to the child care center. And if she's happy, I'm happy. That is what really matters."
What We Offer
- High quality care for children aged six weeks to five years.
- Well-educated caregivers and teachers. All child care staff members have an Early Childhood accreditation or degree.
- Attentive, caring environment with age-appropriate activities that grow with your child. Classrooms are designed for specific age ranges, and transitions to the next classroom occur when your child is ready.
- Outdoor and indoor fun and learning. Cooperation, fairness, creativity, and respect are part of the curriculum.
- Rates are on a sliding scale, and are less than the state market rates. As a SUNY child care center, we receive SUNY block grant funding to provide eligible students with reduced tuition for their children.
For information about other child care options in the area, contact Child Care Solutions .
The Center features large and safe motor rooms for each age group.
Landscaped grounds for the outdoor play areas are private and fully enclosed.
Security is maintained during all hours of center operation with id cards required for access.