Policies & Procedures for Students in LCME Accredited Medical Schools*
Location: Campus Activities Building (CAB) 203
Phone:: 315 464-4604
Fax: 315 464-8822
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
- Clerkships: Clerkships (required clinical course work) are available only to full-time enrolled students at the SUNY Upstate Medical University.
- Electives: A maximum of three elective courses, not to exceed twelve (12) weeks may be taken.
(Please use one form per elective).
- Meet all course prerequisites prior to applying for elective.
- Submit official transcript.
- Have proof of liability insurance.
- Submit non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 (per elective).
- Have posted a passing score on the USMLE Step I Exam.
- The faculty sponsor must give written approval for course and period to be taken.
- Student completes Section IA of this form.
- Student’s Dean’s Office must complete Section IB.
- Student submits the following in one package to:
Office of the Registrar, SUNY Upstate Medical University
155 Elizabeth Blackwell Street, Syracuse, New York 13210.
- The completed application form and $100.00 processing fee (per elective). Checks should be made payable to: “SUNY Upstate Medical University.”
- Official transcript in sealed envelope.
- Proof of liability insurance (if not covered by home institution - See Section I).
- Submit to Student Health the completed Certificate of Health Statement.
Student will receive notification of acceptance.
United States, Canadian, and Puerto Rican Schools accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education of the American Association of Medical Colleges and American Medical Association. Also used by students from Osteopathic Colleges.