Fees & Payment Methods

Academic Transcript
A fee of $5.00 is required to accompany each request for an official or unofficial transcript.
Licensure Form
A fee of $5.00 is required to accompany each request for completion of a state certifying agency professional education verification form (Licensure).

Express Delivery Service
A fee of $25.00 is required to send an item by United Parcel Service (UPS) next day air service within the 48 contiguous states and The District of Columbia in The U.S.A. Please be aware that a street address is required for this service because UPS does not deliver to post office boxes. Also please note that not all addresses are guaranteed to receive next day delivery. The cost for this service is a fee charged to send an item by express delivery, even if the item being sent does not require a fee.

Incorrect payments and requests will be returned for correction. You may pay by cash, check, credit card or money order. Checks and Money Orders: should be payable to SUNY Upstate Medical University.

To pay by credit card: (VISA/Mastercard or Discover Card only) you may call The Bursar's Office at 315-464-5148, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. to submit the payment by phone. Please ask the person that processes the payment for a cash receipt number. You will then need to write the number on your written request. If you are using our request form, write the number in the FEES section next to “Total fees to be paid”.

Make Certain You Do Not Owe Money to the University. State law prohibits the Registrar's Office from releasing a student's record if they owe the University money, Pursuant to the Student Debt Obligation/Bankruptcy and Statute of Limitations (Section 302.1(j) Title B, Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York. Nor can a student's record be released if they are on the NYS Student Loan Service Center Loan Default List. If you owe the University money, you will be notified that your request cannot be processed until your obligation is satisfied. Contact the Bursar's Office to determine how to satisfy your outstanding obligation.