University Hospital Nurses
If you've been working at University Hospital for six months or longer you can earn your next degree tuition-free!
University Hospital will pay full-time employees for 12 credits for fall and spring terms and 6 credits for the summer term, at SUNY rates.
UH/Upstate employees do not have to formally enroll to take classes. You may take up to six credit hours before matriculating, then apply those courses toward a bachelor's degree, master's degree (including the education minor) or post master's certificate. (More information >>)
To qualify for tuition reimbursement nurses must:
- Work at UH for six-months
- Have a satisfactory performance evaluation
- Write a career plan focusing on educational goals
- Maintain a "C" grade or better in undergraduate courses
- Maintain a "B" grade or better in graduate courses
We are designed for the working nurse:
- Flexible course schedules—take two or three classes in one day, or fit in one class before or after work.
- Classes coincide with nursing shifts and rotate between day and evening sessions.
- One-on-one attention from professors
- Excellent clinicals
- Full- or part-time enrollment options
- Walk to class