SACON Meeting Minutes, May 8, 2013
- Smoking Cessation: Received $1,000 grant. Thank you to the Advocates for Upstate for the Smoking Cessation Grant.
- Meds will be bought
- Discussion on if there is an interest among student body to volunteer for medication administration.
- Program will be started in August of this year.
- Gifting: SACON would like to give to faculty fund vs. Scholarship fund.
- Faculty Advisor - Possibly Dean Joyce Griffin Sobel and co-advisor Meega Wells.
- possibility of having an open forum before each SACON meeting with questions for the Dean about school issues from student body etc.
- USG Meeting-Encourage better attendance from SACON/CON reps and student body.
- Media Communication- Kaitlin Corona will be involved with nursing media communication.
- Wine Tour- Looking to have in the beginning of September. Wine tour is an effort to get the school of nursing to come together and integrate students.
- *SACON needs someone to book room for every meeting - SACON Secretary Bridget was nominated.
- *Next meeting food schedules will need to be figured out.