SACON Meeting Minutes, March 14, 2011
SACON Committee Members Present
- Elijah Dut- Co-President
- Gracia Roulan- 2011-2012 Incoming President
- Shelly Peters- Treasurer
- Eva Pecor- 2011-2012 Incoming Treasurer
- Laura Osika-Michales- 2011-2012 Activities Chairperson
- Charmaine Clarke-Davis- Vice Activities Chairperson
- Kathleen McDonnell- Organizing Secretary
- Colleen Bud- General Secretary
Other SACON Members in Attendance
- BBrandon Crandall-USG Vice-President
- Joy Ezomo-USG Representative
- Kirsten Manganiello
- Nancy Sabiha
- Jyoti Patil
Meeting opened at 1507 by Elijah Dut, introductions of newly elected SACON committee members and new attendees.
- Suggestion made to contact Sanju Johri to update SACON directory with elected 2011-2012 committee members.
- SACON Election Results
- President - Gracia Roulan
- Treasurer - Eva Pecor
- Activities Chairperson - Laura Osika-Michales
- USG Election Results
- USG Representative - Michelle Sidoran
February 2011 meeting minutes reviewed by Colleen Bud.
Reviewed by Shelly Peters, Treasurer
- CON Account #7225 as of 2/7/11 = $987
- SACON Account #7260 as of 2/7/11 = $1123
- 2011-2012 Budget to be completed and submitted ASAP based on the sample format provided by USG.
- Include description of events and meetings along with sign-in sheets in budget.
- Needs to be signed by current co-president and treasurer, as well as incoming president and treasurer.
- Include a contact person in the budget report.
- There will be no rollover of USG appointed funding to the next year if it is not utilized. However, money raised from fundraisers can be rolled over.
- Elijah Dut proposed that SACON continue the tradition of donating a $1000 to the CON scholarship fund.
- Shelly Peters motioned to donation $1000 to the CON scholarship fund. Second motion by Gracia Roulan, all SACON committee members in agreement to donate funds to CON scholarship.
- USG Vice-President, Brandon Crandall, reported recent approval of Blackboard 9 improvement funding by USG totaling $7000-$8000.
- CON committee representatives included Elijah Dut, Valerie Khan, and Brandon Crandall. Committee composed of 1 PT, 2 MS, and 2 CON students, headed by chairpersons Joe Smith and Pam Youngs-Maher.
- Improvements to be implemented for next school year.
- Eliminate spam email by creating a way to receive organization/group specific email.
- Upstate Gala Coat Check-
- Anticipate participation in this profitable fundraiser in December 2011. Shelly Peters has contact information for this event.
- Parking Lot Fundraiser (for SU games)-
- Continue to have CON USG representatives present at USG meetings in order to be awarded with holding this profitable fundraiser.
- T-shirt Fundraiser-
- Design approved by Upstate Marketing and Branding Department. Email sent to CON students by Sanju Johri informing them of fundraiser.
- Students able to order items online at http://www.cafepress.com/sunycollegeofnursing.
- Items conveniently delivered to your home, credit cards and PayPal accepted, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- 100% of proceeds go to the CON.
- $250 budget approved by SACON committee to order various items to be displayed at the CON 50th Anniversary Celebration. Items to be ordered by Colleen Bud via credit card, a check request form will then be submitted to USG to reimburse Colleen Bud.
- 50th Anniversary CON Celebrationà Saturday, March 26, 2011
- Luncheon at the Institute of Human Performance (IHP) and Cocktail Dinner at the Genesee Grand.
- Continuing education hours for students who wish to attend events during day.
- Dinner table for CON at the Genesee Grand, register with celebration organizer, Barbara Black if interested in attending.
- SACON will be displaying and selling various items with the approved CON design prior to the Cocktail Dinner as part of the T-shirt fundraiser.
- CON students will sell ordered items to be displayed, order online for patrons via personal laptops, and refer patrons to website to order fundraiser items.
- Email sent by SACON Secretaries requesting photos of students at CON events, such as the White Coat Ceremony and commencement events.
- Photos to be submitted by Saturday, March 19th.
- Katie McDonnell and Colleen Bud to create a photo collage of CON students to display at the event.
- Canned Food Drive sponsored by the CON and Team UpstateàMarch 7-18
- To benefit the Food Bank of CNY. Collection bins in Weiskotten, Silverman, CAB, and the CON. Cheri Allen, CON Secretary will be collecting monetary donations.
- Heart Walk/Run (3 miles) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at Long Branch Park in Liverpool.
- Nicole Levy started a team on behalf of SACON.
- Team member sign-up is completed online.
SACON Activity Ideas
- Guest Speaker
- CON Mixer event to gather CON students together.
Next SACON MeetingMonday, April 4, 2011 at 3:00-4:00 p.m. at Setnor 4507
1620 Meeting adjourned.