SACON Meeting Minutes, February 7, 2011
SACON Committee Members Present
- Elijah Dut- Co-President
- Shelly Peters- Treasurer
- Colleen Drenckhahn- Activities Chairperson
- Charmaine Clarke-Davis- Vice Activities Chairperson
- Kathleen McDonnell- Organizing Secretary
- Colleen Bud- General Secretary
Other SACON Members in Attendance
- Brandon Crandall-USG Vice-President
- Joy Ezomo-USG Representative
- Laura Osika-Michales
- Gracia Roulan
Meeting opened at 1526 by Elijah Dut
Introduction of Members and Attendees
Brandon Crandall was recently appointed USG Vice-President by the USG. His role will be to communicate information from USG meetings to the SACON VP. Information will then be communicated from SACON VP to the SACON committee.
- From previous USG meeting Brandon Crandall reported:
- There will be no rollover of USG appointed funding to the next year if it is not utilized. However, money raised from fundraisers can be rolled over.
- Proposal to implement a tier budgeting system for USG budget:
- Campus groups that host multiple functions with high attendance will be rated as a Tier II group and will receive greater USG funding for events.
- Groups that host 1 function will be rated as Tier I and receive less funding.
- Parking Fundraisers can only be awarded if a CON USG representative is present at the USG meetings.
- CON Account #7225 as of 2/7/11 = $987
- SACON Account #7260 as of 2/7/11 = $1123
- SACON - Elections to be held the 2nd week of February, for the following positions:
- Co-President - if co-presidency remains
- There is question as to whether or not there should be co-president positions again this year. The intention of joint positions is to have more student involvement within the organization and allow for appropriate representation during absences and scheduling conflicts.
- Activities Chair person
- Anyone interested in running for SACON committee positions can write a short biography about yourself with a statement of why you are running for the desired position and attach a passport photo or similar type photo then submit to Sanju Johri via email to JohriSA@upstate.edu
- The election will be posted online where all CON students have the opportunity to vote
- USG - In March-April, elections will be held for USG representative positions including:
- 3 CON representatives to attend USG meetings
- Heart Walk/Run (3 miles) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at Long Branch Park in Liverpool.
- Nicole Levy started a team on behalf of SACON. Nicole was unable to attend today’s meeting, but more information will be forthcoming.
- Team member sign-up is completed online and there is a minimum $25 donation.
- Canned Food Drive sponsored by the CON and Team UpstateàMarch 7-18
- To benefit the Food Bank of CNY pending approval.
- Cheri Allen will be contacting Colleen Bud to see how SACON can be involved.
- 50th Anniversary CON Celebrationà Saturday, March 26, 2011
- At the Genesee Grand with Luncheon at the Institute of Human Performance (IHP)
- Waiting to hear from planning committee to see what SACON’s role will be in the celebration.
- T-shirt Fundraiser-
- Awaiting design approval via email from the Upstate Marketing and Branding Department. Colleen Bud will continue to communicate with Leah Caldwell regarding the development of this fundraiser.
SACON Activity Ideas
- Beaver Lake Nature CenteràMidnight Snowshoeing, Ends 2/14
- Admission to park is $3 per car
- Snowshoes rental $3 per hour
- $2 for each additional hour
- Highland ForestàEnds March 13th
- Room rentalà$75 for 5 hr from 11-4pm
- Sleigh ride rentalà$225 for 1.5 hr (20 minute ride--10 people per ride)
- Elijah Dut proposed that SACON continue the tradition of donating a $1000 to the CON scholarship fund.
Next SACON Meeting
- Monday, March 7, 2011 at 3:15-4:00 p.m.
- Location Setnor 4507
1620 Meeting adjourned.