SACON Meeting, Thursday, November 18, 2004, 3:00-4:00 pm, Room 103, Weiskotten
Present from Executive Council
- Liz Malcolm/President & Secretary
- Cynthia French/VP
Present from Committee Chairs
- Curriculum Committee: Cynthia French
- Student Health Committee: Liz Malcolm
- Research Committee: Sharon Snover
- Justice Committee: Liz Malcolm & Sharon Snover
Present from Sub -committee's
- T-Shirt & Bag Committee: Donna Ferris submitted report by e-mail.
- Food & Coat Drive: Liz Malcolm & Cynthia French
Attendance from student body membership
- Sue Gamble
Next meeting: There will be no December meeting, next upcoming meeting for January to be announced on SACON website in December.
- Chairperson's Report
- President: old and new business as detailed in minutes.
- Vice-President: By-laws will be updated for January 2005.
- Treasurer: not present at meeting (treasurer's report conducted by President).
- Secretary: (President currently carrying duties of secretary)
- Received letter of thanks from Rescue Mission for running Coat and Food
- Rescue Mission has requested it needs more blankets for their shelters.
- Drive will continue through December 3rd, 2004 at the CON, 3rd floor, boxes
located across from elevator.
- Delivery of clothing, blankets and food donations will be delivered by Cynthia
French and Liz Malcolm to shelter by car.
- T-Shirt & Bag Committee: Received report from Donna Ferris
- All bags have been sold.
- Donna brought up point of being able to display bags and items in CON
to promote sales of items
- Some students have expressed they would be more likely to buy bags if
the bags were zippered.
- Executive council to research the above points brought up.
- All bags have been sold.
- December reception party: Executive council scheduled to meet with
Dr. Szigeti and Maria Wheelock on 11/18/04 to finalize details of reception
- Nursing Alumni Association: donated $50.00 for decorations to
SACON for December reception party! Association will also donate convocation
pins and small gift for graduating students at December Reception. Thank
- Nursing Alumni Association: donated $50.00 for decorations to SACON for December reception party! Association will also donate convocation pins and small gift for graduating students at December Reception. Thank you!
- Parking Lot Fundraiser: SACON does not have any scheduled dates
at this time for parking lot fundraiser.
- Mentoring Program: Discussion to be carried forward to spring 2005.
- Curriculum Committee: Cynthia French to be meeting with committee in 01/05.
- Student Health Committee: Liz Malcolm will be meeting with committee on
12/15/04 with Dean Midlam.
- Research Committee: Sharon Snover will be meeting with Dr. Worral
- Justice Committee: Per last GSE Council meeting in November there
is no pending review boards scheduled.
- Meet & Greet: to invite undergraduate students to participate in
SACON scheduled for Monday November 22 at Professor Kalmans's class at
4:30 at CON.
- Presentation by Sharon Snover featured in Outlook to be rescheduled for Spring meeting at SACON
- Meet & Greet: to invite undergraduate students to participate in SACON scheduled for Monday November 22 at Professor Kalmans's class at 4:30 at CON.
- Nursing Summit: to be discussed at January meeting.
ADDENDUM: of meeting with Dr. Szigeti on:
December reception party:
- Present for meeting: Cynthia French, Liz Malcolm, Maria Wheelock and Dr.
- Date of event: Dec 17, 2004 from 4-6 pm at Weiscotten Hall, 9th floor cafeteria
- Date approved by GSC committee and Chuck Simpson per GSC committee rule.
- Monies approved by GSC committee: to be spent out of carryover monies per
GSC committee and SACON by-laws.
- Liquor license pending approval by the Alcohol Review Board
- Guests at party will be required to show valid I.D. showing they are 21
or older to be served alcohol.
- Received $50.00 donation from Nursing Alumni Association for table decorations.
- Liz Groat from Alumni Association is donating convocation pins along with
small gift for each graduating student.
- Formal invitations to be sent out week of 11/21/04.
- RSVP's to be directed to Eileen Nutt by December 6, 2004.
- Liz Malcolm to confirm number of guests with Bill Gokey from Catering by
- Dean Szigeti to make opening remarks at reception.
- President Eastwood to give brief congratulations and give words of welcome
at 5:00 p.m.
- Dr. Barker confirmed to attend.
- Awaiting confirmation from Nursing Alumni for either Bonnie or Polly to
give words of congratulations to graduating students.
Minutes for 11/17, 2004 submitted by Liz Malcolm 11/21/04