How To Apply — Post Master's Certificate
- January 15 - Deadline for completion of NursingCAS Application
- February 1 - Deadline for completion of Upstate Secondary Application
Only nurse practitioners seeking a second certification and who meet all pre-requisites may start in the spring. Please call the College of Nursing at 315 464-4276 or 315 464-4277 for information.
How To Apply
Post master's applicants must submit both NursingCAS Application and Upstate Applications:
- Apply Online through NursingCAS - Completion of the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs (NursingCAS)
- Official Transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
- Three Letters of Recommendation from faculty, employers and/or others in a position to judge your potential for further graduate study. One letter must be from someone able to evaluate your clinical work experience. (Note: Students continuing from the SUNY Upstate MS program are required to submit only one letter of recommendation.)
- RN license & CPR certification: Copy of your current RN license and current CPR certification.
- NP license Copy of your current NP license (for nurse practitioners seeking second certification only).
- Upstate's Secondary Application - Once Upstate receives your application from NursingCAS, a link to Upstate's Secondary Application will be e-mailed to you. The Secondary Application must be submitted online to Upstate Medical University along with a $65 application fee no later than June 15. A $65 fee must accompany this application (fee is waived for current Upstate nursing students).
You will be notified of a decision soon after the Admissions Committee reviews your completed application.
Once accepted, you must send a $150 deposit to reserve your place in the entering class. This deposit will be deducted from your first semester tuition. All acceptances are contingent upon satisfactory completion of any college course work in progress.
—Barbara Black, MA, MS, RN, ANP
Director of Post Master's Advanced Certificate Program
— Scott Jessie RN, MS, CCNS, CCRN, BS (2003); MS (2007) RN Critical Care Nurse Manager Surgical/Trauma ICU