Steering Committee Minutes
September 23, 2002
Bonnie Miner, Carol Scholar, Joy Tompkins, Barbara Fero, MaryAlice Brown, Patricia Knox, Meega Wells, Joan Payne, Sandy Mnich, and Jan Cieply
- Recognition of Past President, Bonnie Miner.
- Presentation of past-president pin and cake to share.
- Calendar of meetings presented and accepted by attendees.
|September 23||Steering Committee|
|October 21||Executive Board|
|November 18||Steering Committee|
|December 16||Executive Board|
- Meeting with Dean; discussed special interest groups, Peds, Geriatrics, Psych also need to showcase members at all hospitals.
Finance: Reported by Joan Payne and Barb Fero
- Meeting monthly
- Report distributed
- Current balance: $ 20983.65
- Checkbook: $6,432.73
- Savings: $11,367.85
- Research: $ 3,043.07
- Scholarship: $140.00
Reported by Mary Alice Brown
- Has exchanged ideas with large fund-raisers , will be checking out their ideas.
- At regional; Johnson and Johnson granting money to recruit people into nursing.
- Dine-a-mates; waiting for them to be shipped, will need to find a safe place to store them.
- Wine and Cheese plan for May for research money.
- Borders coupons; waiting for response from coordinator.
Reported by Bonnie Miner
- Will begin to post information on web for easier access by members.
- Plan to work towards electronic mailings.
- Membership renewal; will send for dial a member kit
Reported by Jan Cieply
- Current events planned
- Alumni Teaching Day in November
- Research Teaching Day in April
- Will seek date in January for Trish Dunn to present: Investment Strategies
Reported by Patricia Knox
- November 2, 2002 will be Alumni Teaching event; Life planning: Advanced Directives. Will have members putting research study into play with teaching of healthcare workers concepts advance directives.
- April 23, 2003 will be Research Day; looking for assistance with plans, theme not decided.
Submitted by Bonnie Miner, MS, RN, Secretary