Transition Meeting/General Meeting, September 15, 2003
Present: Pat Knox, Joan Payne, Bonnie Miner, Barb Fero, Sandra Burns, Carol Braund, Carol Gavin, Ginny Cronin, John Beesaw, Jan Cieply, Priscilla Worral
Introduction of new members
Dine-a-Mate Discussion: Omicron Alpha will be selling Dine-a-mates for $25.00 through November
Alzehiemer Walk: Members will be taking part in the Memory Walk held October 18, 2003 at LeMoyne College.
How to increase attendance?
- Collaboration: start getting together with other groups, news services, alumni, etc
- Impact at the College: increase involvement, place picture of inductees on display, attend SACON meeting
- Mentors for new members: how can we get members together with mentors?
- Yearly project: pick one each year- contact youth organizations
- Students; preceptorships. We will be seeking membership support for this. Interested members can contact Pat Knox if they wish to get involved.
- Change induction date from Saturday to Friday evening, plan to host a Tea before induction
- Would like to create a database of e-mail addresses of our members to get quick responses to current information or questions. Members contact Pat Knox at Knoxp@upstate.edu with their e-mail addresses if they wish to participate. Check out the website as well for current information http://www.upstate.edu/con/oa/
- Tract at the Nursing Summit in 2005
- Oasis: April 21st; new inducted member as presenter * possible on going project
Discussed days of the weeks and possibility of altering dates. Will keep meetings on Monday until December.
- October 20
- November 24
- December 15th.
Wine and Cheese: October 16 at Dr Szgeti's home
Convention: November1-5 in Toronto
Chapter Key Update
- Unable to meet the criteria, strong focus on regional and international involvement.
- Will need to look at the new criteria
- Reviewed budget
- Check book $9,603.87
- Savings $12, 195.69
- Research $2701.49
- M. Argentine Scholarship $ 140.00
Total: $16, 261.38
Books audited by accountant will be moving 10% of checking into savings
Will pay all costs for delegates: Pat Knox and Priscilla Worral
Other member support: Bonnie Miner, Ginny Cronin, Barb Fero
Installing of new officers by Pat Knox, President
John Beesaw as Vice president
Joan Payne as returning Treasurer
Submitted by Bonnie Miner, MS, RN, Secretary