Agenda -– October 6, 2011
Date: October 6, 2011
Time: 5:30-6:30 PM
Place: Rm 11405A Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Introduction and Welcome
- Treasurer Report – Bonnie Miner
- Induction: 2011 is the 15th Anniversary of Omicron Alpha - Friday November 4, 2011, Weiskotten Medical Auditorium - ceremony at 5:00 – escorts and board please arrive before 4:45. Script as last year. Joyce, Melanie, and Dean Szigeti assist with signing the book and handing certificates. Guest Speaker – Dr. Carol Gavan of the College of Nursing. 134 letters were sent to eligible candidates – Must be organized to keep the ceremony timely.
- Region 11 – report from President’s conference call October 5th.
- STTI Biennium Grapevine Texas – The biennium is October 29th thru Nov 2nd in Grapevine Texas. Donna Parks and I are the convention delegates (just for the conference) and Donna and Priscilla Worral are the electronic delegates (thru to the next biennium). Please review the STTI website for the bylaw changes and candidate profiles. If you cannot attend the board meeting, please send me your input on which candidates impress you or questions you would like Donna and I to look into at the conference. Also, please send comments about the bylaw changes.
- Research Advisory Group – Chair 2011-2013 Michael Allain – update
- Leadership Succession – two vacancies
- Alzheimer’s Memory Walk – October 1, 2011 Long Branch Park, Liverpool - Donate or join Alzheimer OA team.
- Amaus Sock Drive – update Dean Szigeti
- NYC Bus Trip – Quality Coach Lines - Saturday December 10, 2011 Bus departs from Syracuse (exact place to be determined) at 5:30 AM 12/10/2011- Arrives at Bryant Park in NYC about 11:00am - bus departs from Bryant Park at 8:00PM - Approximate arrival in Syracuse 1:30AM on 12/11/2011. Cost: 50.00 -members 55.00 –non-members - 25.00 (cash or check) deposit to reserve a seat - Balance in full before November 1, 2011 - Please make checks out to: Omicron Alpha & mail to Nancy Lyon, College of Nursing, SUNY Upstate,750 E. Adams St. Syracuse, NY 13210
Please contact Nancy Lyon to reserve your seat – email@example.com or 315-464-3915
- Syracuse Chapters Collaborative Committee - Barb Fero/Pat Knox update
- Collaborative Programming: Spring event – Karen has some good ideas to share.
- Orientation – New inductees and seasoned members - thoughts –possible Saturday morning orientation to STTI for new members however the word would go out to all. We could have bagels, danish, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea. We could have several computers set up so members can set up their accounts and navigate STTI. Perhaps November 19th or December 5th 0900-1100. CON may be good (but I really like the room at Golisano with the internet on screen and view).
- ONGOING RESOURCES AND LINKS
- “The Circle” Members may access the circle.
- Leadership and board member training: Headquarters offers leadership training sessions targeted towards various roles. The website has a new Tools and Resources Page: www.nursingsociety.org > Chapter Information >Tools and Resources
- Renewing Membership: Please contact STTI headquarters if you need your membership number or have questions. (888) 634-7575
- Meeting Schedule
- Open Forum