RNFA—How to Apply
The recommended deadline for applying to the RNFA is July 15 for Fall 2011.
The application is not considered complete until the documents listed below are submitted to:
Office of Student
1215 Weiskotten Hall
SUNY Upstate Medical University
766 Irving Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13210
- Apply Online - RNFA applicants must meet the admission requirements.
For Assistance, Contact: College of Nursing at 315-464-4276
- Three Letters of Recommendationfrom faculty, supervisor, and/or colleagues who can comment on your academic and/or clinical ability to function as an RNFA. One letter must be from a supervisor or surgeon knowledgeable about your competencies.
- RN license: Copy of your current RN license
- NP license: Copy of your current NP license
- Proof of CNOR certification or eligibility
- Signed letter of consent from a surgeon agreeing to act as the student’s preceptor
- Eligibility requirements
- $40 application fee