As of 1/9/16 1,382 donors have pledged $528,291.
$100 ePledge Winners
- Day 1 - Beth DeRousie, IMT, Hospital Info Systems
- Day 2 - Tree Carter, Record Storage
- Day 3 - Darcy DiBiase, Marketing & University Communications
- Day 4 - Beth Rolland, PM&R - Rehab Therapies
- Day 5 - Nancy Ondrejka, CG Radiology RN's
- Day 6 - Liliya Yatsyuk, Nursing-5E-Pre/Post
- Day 7 - Patricia Racculia, Orthopedic Surgery
- Day 8 - Karin McMullen, Nursing-Administration
- Day 9 - Erin Peters, Office Of The President
- Day 10 - Amanda Walsh, Clin Path Immunology
Won't you join me?
Click to listen >>
Sue Graham supports Literacy Volunteers
Hi, my name is Sue Graham and I support Literacy Volunteers because individuals with poor reading skills are less likely to participate in health screening and preventative medicine and more likely to have poor health outcomes.
I'm concerned about all the patients' whose health suffers because they can't understand the words we use in health care to describe illnesses, procedures, and treatments. For example, being able to read and understand the instructions on a prescription label can mean the difference between life and death.
One of every 5 people in the United States is unable to read and write. In Syracuse, 1 in every 4 people is functionally illiterate.
As Upstate employees, we have many blessings. The Community Giving Campaign gives us the opportunity to help our less fortunate neighbors in their time of need. Please join me in supporting the charity of your choice through the Community Giving Campaign.