Education, Support and Outreach Programs
Upstate University Hospital Community Campus offers health education programs throughout the year. To learn more about these programs, call the Health Education Office at (315) 492-5152.
Contact InformationEducation and Outreach Programs
Upstate University Hospital Community Campus
Room 1137, 1st Floor
Syracuse, NY 13215
Phone: (315) 492-5152
Health Education Programs
Expectant Parent Program
This program is designed for new parents, and walks them through the labor and delivery process. The class is taught by registered nurses trained in maternal child health from the health education department.
- Visit the Upstate University Hospital Community Campus calendar for a full listing of classes
- To register, call (315) 492-5152 for class availability
- The registration is offered on a first come, first serve basis, and the fee includes admission for you and friend, significant other or other person who may be helping you get healthy. To register or for more information, call Upstate University Hospital Community Campus at (315) 492-5152. Complete the form (see below) and return to the Health Education Department:
- Download the fees, times and registration information
Corporate Clinics and Seminars
- Flu Clinics: Registered nurses will provide on-site flu vaccinations to your corporation during the autumn months. Call (315) 492-5152 to learn more.
- Lunch & Learns: Seminars focus on nutrition, health and wellness.
- Blood Pressure Screenings: Screenings, performed by an on-site registered nurse, include blood pressure, individual counseling and distribution of educational literature.
- Prostate Screenings: The screenings include a prostate specific antigen test, digital rectal exam, educational materials, clinical consultation, report given to the participant's primary care provider, and confidential reports given to each participant.
- Coronary Risk Profile Screenings: The screenings include one coordinator, an RN for finger stick laboratory work, set-up and take-down at designated site (includes materials and supplies for finger stick services), and clinical results returned the same day as testing for: cholesterol, high density lipoprotein, low density lipoprotein, triglycerides and glucose.
- Wellness Seminars: The seminar, directed by a qualified health educator and registered dietitian, reviews one specific wellness topic followed by a question and answer session at your place of employment. Each seminar is directed by one of our registered dietitians.