Hand therapy is a highly specialized service where experience counts. Therapy is designed to speed recovery from a hand injury or surgery, and to prevent further complications.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
5108 Velasko Road, Syracuse, NY 13215
Phone: (315) 475-1433
Fax: (315) 475-0944
Monday and Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
We offer outpatient hand therapy for patients of all ages and are dedicated to meeting each patient's unique needs with an individualized treatment program. Treatment is provided by a certified hand therapist - an occupational or physical therapist who has a minimum of five years of clinical hand therapy experience, including a minimum of 4,000 hours in direct practice in hand therapy. A physician's referral is required for all treatment. Most insurances are accepted. To be certain that your treatment is covered, check with your insurance company.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Crush injuries
- Dupuytren's disease
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Repetitive motion
- Tendon lacerations
- Trauma disorders
Hand Therapy Services
- Cumulative trauma prevention
- Edema control
- Electrical stimulation
- Exercise and injury prevention
- Fine motor control training
- Home program instruction
- Range of motion and strengthening exercise programs
- Sensory re-education and desensitization
- Specialized treatment for patients with upper extremity injuries
- Static and dynamic splinting
- Thermal treatments and ultrasound
- Training in the use of adaptive equipment and devices
- Wound and scar management
Hand Therapy Hours of Operation
Monday: 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.