The Jim and DeDe Walsh Family Birth Center
The Jim and DeDe Walsh Family Birth Center offers you-the expectant mother and your family-a comfortable, relaxing environment. Your care will be overseen by a team of highly-trained, experienced health care providers available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The team offers compassionate one-on-one nursing care that both is meticulous and personal. An advanced nurse practitioner is available 24/7 should your newborn have any special needs.
Contact InformationUpstate University Hospital
4900 Broad Road
Syracuse, NY 13215
Labor and Delivery: (315) 492-5573
Post-partum: (315) 492-5577
Nursery: (315) 492-5575
For a physician referral, please call Upstate Connect at 315-464-8668 or toll free at 800-464-8668.
The family birth center includes:
- Three triage rooms for evaluation
- Six spa-like private labor, delivery and recovery suites
- Two surgical delivery rooms for obstetric complications and Cesarean deliveries
- Level I Nursery
- An 18 bed all private room mother-baby unit.
Your room at the center will include:
- State-of-the-art birthing bed
- Large Jacuzzi
- Cable TV with DVD/CD player
- Wireless internet access
- Comfortable sleeper chair for a guest who wishes to stay overnight
- Nurses and lactation consultants are also available to help you learn about breastfeeding.
- Neonatologists and nurse practitioners are readily available to help care for the newborn, as well as actively consult and collaborate with the new mother.
- Pharmacists offer advice on safety of drugs for the pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Language interpreters are available.