Stephen G Spitzer, MD
550 Harrison Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Ophthalmology: Cornea/External Disease
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: Cornea Consultants of Albany, 2005
- Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2004
- Internship: St. Raphaels Hospital, 2001
- MD: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 1999
- Cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, dry eye, iritis, refractive error, corneal ulcers, corneal edema, cornea transplant, laser vision correction.
- Keratoprosthesis, Descemets stripping technique for cornea transplant.
Specialties & Certification
- Refractive Surgery
- Cornea and External Disease
Sue Stearns, PhD, is an associate professor of cell and developmental biology, and one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Read more about Stearns' take on our Anatomy course's popularity.