Laura D Knight, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pathology: Autopsy
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: University of New Mexico, 2007, Forensic Pathology
- Residency: Medical University of South Carolina, 2006, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- MD: University of Louisville, 2001
- BS: Murray State University, Murray, KY, 1997, Chemistry
- University of Missouri, 2007–2009
Pediatric forensic pathology, SIDS/SUID, cardiovascular pathology
I am involved in the education of pathology residents and medical students, and also teach a graduate course in Forensic Pathology at Syracuse University.
Pediatric forensic pathology,
sudden infant death in the setting of cosleeping/bedsharing,
toxicology and poisoning.
Specialties & Certification
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Forensic Pathology
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP), Fellow
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Sue Stearns, PhD, is an associate professor of cell and developmental biology, and one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Read more about Stearns' take on our Anatomy course's popularity.