Ann E Barker-Griffith, MD
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Medical Director of Ophthalmic Pathology
- Interim Chair of Ophthalmology
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Ophthalmology: Pathology
- Pathology: Anatomic Pathology, Ophthalmic Pathology
Research Programs and Affiliations
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: SUNY Upstate Medical Center, 1996, Eye Pathology
- Fellowship: Wilmer Eye Institute, John Hopkins, 1975, Ophthalmic Pathology
- Residency: Wills Eye Hospital, 1972, Ophthalmology
- Internship: Northwestern University Hospital and Clinic, 1969, Internal Medicine
- MD: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 1968
- BS: University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1964, Zoology
Analysis of ocular and other material by SEM-EDS (scanning electron microscopy - energy dispersive X-ray spectrosocpy); complications of ocular region trauma; ultrastructure of trabeculum and vitreous, shaken baby syndrome.
Specialties & Certification
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/barkerga
Sue Stearns, PhD, is an associate professor of cell and developmental biology, and one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Read more about Stearns' take on our Anatomy course's popularity.