Simulation Activities for Medical Students (SAMS)
SUNY Upstate's Department of Emergency Medicine has developed a number of integrated simulation experiences for our medical students during their four years of medical school.
- Year One: Apply lifesaving knowledge in simulated cardiac arrest.
- Year Two: Apply pathophysiology and pharmacology principles.
- Year Three: Practice clinical skills such as IV and catheter placement.
- Year Four: Emergency Medicine internship; toxicology elective.
- All four years: Intubation and IVworkshops.