AMCAS: Applications must be submitted to AMCAS by October 15.
Upstate: Applications to the College of Medicine must be complete by December 1.
Guthrie Pre-Medical Scholars Program (Wilkes University)
This unique early admission program is open to high school seniors. Selected students are guaranteed acceptance into Wilkes University and SUNY Upstate.
This program assures high school seniors of admission to the College of Medicine before they enter Wilkes University for undergraduate course work.
To be considered, you must:
- Have a 1200 Combined SAT Scores (Math & Verbal only) or 27 ACT Composite
- Obtain a Competitive High School Grade Point Average
- Rank in the Top 10% of your High School Class
- Reside in a Rural County in the Southern Tier of New York State
- Demonstrate commitment to a career in medicine
Students in this program study the rural health care delivery system by completing clinical coursework and performing basic science research at Guthrie-Robert Packer Medical Center in Sayre, Pennsylvania.
Acceptance into these programs indicates your willingness to participate in the Rural Medical Scholars Program (RSMP). You will therefore be assigned to the RMSP track as a medical student at SUNY Upstate Medical University.