Special Admissions Options—
SUNY Geneseo Early Admittance Program
Website: SUNY Geneseo Admissions Office
SUNY Geneseo and Upstate Information
This program seeks high school students with excellent academic records. Preference will be given to those applicants which best fulfill the following criteria:
- Comes from a rural community in New York state
- Has an excellent high school GPA (minimum 90% average)
- Has extra-curricular activities which document some experience in a healthcare setting and a commitment to service work
- Has SAT scores of 1250 or better (combined Critical Reading & Math) or ACT score of 28 Composite or better
- Can be considered to be disadvantaged or from a background which makes it unlikely they would compete for admission to medical school through a traditional route
Acceptance into these programs indicates your willingness to participate in the Rural Medical Scholars Program (RSMP). You will therefore be assigned to the RMSP track as a medical student at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
David B. Duggan, MD, MACP
Dean, College of Medicine
I am particularly honored to serve as Dean of the College of Medicine. As an alumnus of the Class of 1979 and a member of the faculty since 1986, I have been extraordinarily pleased at the growth of the Medical School over this time and proud of the work of its faculty and graduates.