Technology at Upstate
SUNY Upstate is keeping up quite well meeting the information technology needs of students, especially in the College of Medicine, said Joseph C. Smith, director of Educational Communications.
"For first-year and second-year medical students, all large-scale lectures are digitized, stored, and made available as video streams in most cases within an hour of the lecture," Smith said.
Our information technology capabilities include:
- 100% student wireless access on campus.
- Blackboard learning management system, heavily used by faculty and students for streaming video of lectures, unit notes, class announcements, schedules and grades.
- Podcasts of lectures automatically downloaded to students' PCs.
- Public computer lab, with more than 100 PCs, some available 24/7.
- Library's advanced online search capabilities, 24/7.
- Videotaping of students working with standardized patients at the Clinical Skills Center, for evaluation of diagnostic skills.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Medicine/Doctor of Philosophy (MD/PhD)
- Doctor of Medicine/Master of Public Health (MD/MPH)
- Master of Public Health
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health
- Full-time: 457
- Part-time: 207
- Volunteer: 1,991
Residency Match: 98.7%
USMLE Pass Rates
- Step 1: 99%
- Step 2: 99%
(New York residents)