How to Apply to the MPH Program
CNYMPH Master of Public Health applicants must submit both the Central Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS) application and an Upstate application:
1. Central Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS) application - www.sophas.org
Search for Central New York Master of Public Health Program
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official College Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Public Health Essay
- GRE scores – Official GRE scores can be sent directly to SUNY Upstate Medical University or to SOPHAS
Upstate University Institutional Code 2547
SOPHAS Code 7770
GRE waiver is at the discretion of the CNYMPH Admissions Committee after a review of the applicant's full application and substitute exam scores or transcripts. Applicants must be able to supply an official copy of the substitute exam (if applicable). Proof of current licensure must be submitted for all allied health professionals. A formal request for a GRE waiver must be submitted, identifying the rationale for the waiver.
Applicants who wish to pursue a waiver must submit a letter addressed to the CNYMPH Admissions Committee outlining their request.
Click here to review GRE Waiver Equivalents
2. Upstate Supplemental Application
Once your application is received from the Central Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS), we will email you a Login ID and PIN that will allow you to access our Secondary Application. Please do not create an account on your own from our Admissions Login page, as that will not allow you to access the Secondary Application. The Secondary Application must be submitted to Upstate Medical University no later than June 15. This application is free to complete!
- The program reserves the right to request interviews.
- Additional information may be requested based on individual situations.
- It is the responsibility of each student to confirm that a completed application is on file in the office of Student Admissions.