Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health
Students interested in admission to the certificate program are required to meet similar standards as students applying for the MPH degree. These requirements are:
- An interview, if invited Interview Information
- Minimum GPAs at or above a 3.0 (4.0 scale);
- Applicant must have completed a college level statistics course within the past five years with a grade of B or above prior to matriculation;
- Field Experience: Applicants should have relevant experience in a health or public health related field;
- Minimum TOEFL of 600 written exam/250 CBT/100 IBT (revised 1/07) are preferred;
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution;
- Official transcripts from all previous postsecondary courses;
- Appropriate completion of the admission application and payment of a non-refundable application fee;
- One public health essay; described in the application;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in an academic or professional capacity. This does not include personal friends and family;
- A Resume or CV;
- It is recommended that students have grounding in biological concepts in public health as demonstrated by at least 3 undergraduate credits in biological sciences.
- All incoming students attend new student orientation.