Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health
Students interested in admission to the certificate program are required to meet similar standards as students applying for the MPH degree. These requirements are:
- An interview, if invited Interview Information
- Minimum GPAs at or above a 3.0 (4.0 scale);
- Field Experience: Applicants should have relevant experience in a health or public health related field;
- Minimum TOEFL of 600 written exam/250 CBT/100 IBT (revised 1/07) are preferred;
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution;
- Official transcripts from all previous postsecondary courses;
- Appropriate completion of the admission application and payment of a non-refundable application fee;
- One public health essay; described in the application;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in an academic or professional capacity. This does not include personal friends and family;
- A Resume or CV;
- It is highly recommended that students have the following college level courses: biology and statistics.
- All incoming students must attend new student orientation.