Admission Requirements: Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
The admission requirements for the Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy Program are as follows:
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0 cumulative and prerequisite is required. Preference is given to GPA's of 3.3 or better.
- Graduate Record Exam-GRE's
GRE exams must have been completed within five years of matriculation into the DPT program.
GRE exams may be waived for applicants who have completed a masters or doctorate degree.
- A variety of Physical Therapy volunteer or work experiences is strongly recommended. We recommend shadowing in two, if not three, different types of sites. We recommend, though don't require, shadowing in at least one inpatient site and one outpatient site.
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses
- How to Apply
- Application deadline for PTCAS is December 15
- Application deadline for the Upstate Supplemental Application and the $65 application fee is February 1
- The Upstate Supplemental Application is only available upon completion of the PTCAS Application
- PTCAS GRE code for SUNY Upstate is 0387
- Personal interview, if invited. Upstate Medical University uses the Multi Mini-Interview (MMI) process for interviews. The MMI interview process divides the traditional graduate school interview into a series of brief, carefully timed interview stations designed to assess specific skills and qualities by presenting the applicant with a question, scenario, or task. This format provides applicants the opportunity to meet with several interviewers and gives them a chance to interact with students, faculty, and administrators. Interviews are held in person on the Upstate campus only.