Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
The admission requirements for the Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy Program are as follows:
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0 cumulative and prerequisite is required. Preference is given to GPA’s of 3.3 or better.
- Graduate Record Exam-GRE’s
GRE exams must have been completed within five years of matriculation into the DPT program.
GRE exams may be waived for applicants who have completed a masters or doctorate degree.
- Personal interview, if invited. Upstate Medical University uses the Multi Mini-Interview (MMI) process for interviews. The MMI interview process divides the traditional graduate school interview into a series of brief, carefully timed interview stations designed to assess specific skills and qualities by presenting the applicant with a question, scenario, or task. This format provides applicants the opportunity to meet with several interviewers and gives them a chance to interact with students, faculty, and administrators.
- A variety of Physical Therapy volunteer or work experiences is strongly recommended
- How to Apply
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses
- Application deadline for PTCAS is December 15
- Application deadline for the Upstate Supplemental Application and the $65 application fee is February 1
- The Upstate Supplemental Application is only available upon completion of the PTCAS Application
- PTCAS GRE code for SUNY Upstate is 0387
Spend time with Physical Therapy students…
"I chose Upstate because the environment was very welcoming and it seemed like a great environment to learn. The faculty are great and willing to help anyone."
Kristina Wulff, Class of 2011
Room 1215, Weiskotten Hall
Phone: 315 464-4570