Carol A Recker-Hughes, PT, PhD, MA
- Associate Professor of CHP-Physical Therapy
- Vice Chair
Education & Fellowships
- BS: SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Physical Therapy
- MS: New York University, Kinesiology
- PhD: Syracuse University, 2008
Creating and promoting the use of authentic experiences to strengthen the professional development of students and of clinical instructors. Teaching areas of focus: professional behaviors, clinical decision making, clinical education courses with emphasis on CI-student teaching and learning.
Use of the Standardized Patient Examinations to promote the professional development of DPT students and of CIs' teaching skills, Identification and understanding the needs and perspectives of CIs, CCCEs and Directors'/Managers of Clinical Sites.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Appointed Member Of Scholarship Committee For The Education Section
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Spend time with Physical Therapy students…
"I chose Upstate because the environment was very welcoming and it seemed like a great environment to learn. The faculty are great and willing to help anyone."
Kristina Wulff, Class of 2011
Room 1215, Weiskotten Hall
Phone: 315 464-4570