Completion of the following prerequisites:
|General Biology I & II|
|Anatomy & Physiology I & II or a semester of Anatomy and a semester of Physiology|
|General Chemistry I & II|
|Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry|
|English (including English Composition) 2 English courses are required|
|Medical Terminology (0-3 credits)|
Behavioral or Social Science (2 courses from the list below are required)
- One biology and one chemistry course need to be taken within 5 years of matriculation into the PA program.
- Students must complete all courses in the curriculum at SUNY Upstate. Credit from other PA programs will not be accepted.
- All science courses with the exception of Genetics, are required to have labs.
- Acceptable grades must be C or better.
- Accepted applicants must meet Technical Standards for Physician Assistant Studies.
A course equivalency guide for the College of Health Professions pre-requisites is available online. Please note that applicants are not required to attend any of the colleges listed on the guide. Prospective students will questions about pre-requisites should e-mail Student Admissions at email@example.com .