Prerequisite Courses: Physician Assistant
|General Biology I & II with lab
|Anatomy & Physiology I & II with lab or one semester of Anatomy with lab and a semester of Physiology with lab
|General Chemistry I & II with lab|
|Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry with lab
|Microbiology with lab
|Medical Terminology (0-3 credits)*
|Behavioral or Social Science (2 courses from the list below are required)
- One biology and one chemistry course need to be taken within 5 years of matriculation into the PA program.
- Students must complete all courses in the curriculum at SUNY Upstate. Credit from other PA programs will not be accepted.
- All science courses with the exception of Genetics, are required to have labs.
- Acceptable grades must be C or better.
- Accepted applicants must meet Technical Standards for Physician Assistant Studies.
*Medical Terminology does not have to be taken for college credit. Most students take an on line course from universalclass.com
A course equivalency guide for the College of Health Professions prerequisites is available online. Please note that applicants are not required to attend any of the colleges listed on the guide. Prospective students with questions about prerequisites should e-mail Student Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.