The admission requirements for the Physician Assistant Program are as follows:
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Suggested GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - The GRE code for SUNY Upstate Medical University is 2547. Official GRE scores must be sent directly to SUNY Upstate. Although there is no minimum acceptable score, candidates are expected to be within the 50th percentile. GRE's must be completed within five years of matriculation.
- 1000 hours of health care related volunteer or employment experience-direct patient care preferred
- Completion of Application
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses
- An expressed desire to work in rural or medically underserved communities
- Personal interview, if invited
- It is strongly recommended that applicants have shadowed or worked with a PA.